Consent to installation of the App
Under data protection laws, we are required to provide you with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes, and your rights in relation to your personal data. It is important that you read this policy, which provides this information to you.
By installing our app or using our platform, you will be asked to indicate your consent to our processing of your personal data (including your name, contact details, financial and device information) as described in this policy.
How you can withdraw consent
Once you provide consent to us using your personal data, you may change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by contacting us but that will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. By withdrawing your consent, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you.
This policy applies to your use of:
- The Mentor360 mobile application software and platform (together the Platform), through your mobile, tablet, laptop, computer or other device (Device).
- Any of the services accessible through the Platform (Services).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Important information and who we are
Mentor360 Limited is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy).
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Mentor360 Limited
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 7 & 8 Church Street, Wimborne, BH21 1JH
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator f or data protection issues.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
Third party links
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as Contact and Location Data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
The data we collect about you
This table sets out the personal data we collect, why we collect it, and the lawful basis we have for collecting it.
|Purpose/activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To install the Platform on your Device||First name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, billing address, email address, telephone number.||Your consent and to perform a contract with you (i.e. provide you with access to the Platform).|
|To use the Platform for its intended purpose||Responses to questionnaires, how you are progressing, information about your day, how you are feeling and other information you choose to add to the Platform.||Your consent and to perform a contract with you (i.e. to allow you to monitor progress through your use of the Platform).|
|To make payments via the Platform||Payment details. Please note that we do not have access to such data; it is processed via our third party payment provider.||To perform a contract with you (i.e. to allow you to make purchases on the Platform).|
|To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the Platform or any Services||Name and contact email address.||To perform a contract with you (i.e. to keep you updated on your use of the Platform), necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep records updated and to analyse how customers use our products/ Services), and necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our terms and conditions)|
|To administer and protect our business and the Platform including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing||IP address and device information.||This is necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure the Platform operates as it is meant to.|
|To deliver content and advertisements to you To make recommendations to you about goods or services which may interest youTo measure and analyse the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you To monitor trends so we can improve the Platform and Services||Name and contact email address. This includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.||This information is necessary for our legitimate interest to present relevant content, products and services to you, including our newsletter, subscription updates and blog posts (only where you have provided your consent that we do so, by ‘opting in’).We will never market to you without your consent, and you may unsubscribe from such communications at any time.|
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Disclosures of your personal data
When you consent to providing us with your personal data, we will also ask you for your consent to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table:
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT, payment and system administration services and analyse the use of the Services including Google Analytics, Firebase and UX Cam.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Our affiliates which includes any parent company of us and any of its subsidiaries.
- When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by other users and may be publicly distributed outside.
We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies to follow the same rules when processing your personal data.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the UK so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data, or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK, and we will undertake regular due diligence on these third parties.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Platform or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
Where any of the Services include social networking, chat room or forum features please ensure that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers for tax, legal or regulatory purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
In the event that you do not use the Platform or Services for a period of time then we will treat the account as expired and your personal data may be deleted.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request. At any given moment, you are able to delete your account and all your personal data that is connected with it. You can do this by following these steps. 1. Navigate to the account page. 2. Click the ‘Delete Account button. 3. When a pop-up appears asking you to confirm the action, click ‘Confirm’.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Our Platform and Services do not address anyone under the age of 12. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 12. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 12 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Notice to California residents
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding your personal data.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2020 (“CCPA”) gives you the following rights:
- Right to know about the personal information we collect and share
- The CCPA gives you the right to request that we disclose the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Please see above for information on the data we collect on you, and how we process it. We do not sell your personal information.
- Right of deletion. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to delete your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may require certain information from you in order to verify your identity before proceeding with your request.
- Disclosures about your personal information. We collect the categories of personal information from you in connection with your use of our Website as described above.
- Non-discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.