If you are experiencing a crisis and need professional support, there are lots of people who would like to help you
- If you feel in need of urgent help or feel unsafe, phone 111, visit or phone your GP or attend Accident and Emergency. If your life is in danger, phone 999.
- If you need to speak to someone for support, there are a number of organisations with free helplines:
- The Samaritans – 24 hour helpline. Tel 116123, text SHOUT to 85258, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – 5pm to midnight daily. Tel 0800 58 58 58
- Papyrus provide support for people under 35years who are at risk of suicide. 0800 068 41 41 or text 07860 039 967
- LGBT Switchboard – 10am to 10pm daily, Tel 0300 330 0630 or access online chat via their website www.switchboard.lgbt